Faster to your Northeast Georgia Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Santa Barbara provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Tri-County and The Mountains arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 706-754-7378
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Tri-County and The Mountains
SERVPRO of Tri-County and The Mountains specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Northeast Georgia Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Tri-County and The Mountains for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Tri-County and The Mountains specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today - 706-754-7378
When Storms or Floods hit Northeast Georgia, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Tri-County and The Mountains specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Northeast Georgia, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams [Click to your disaster recovery page] that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 706-754-7378
For Immediate Service in Northeast Georgia, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of The Mountains provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Northeast Georgia. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 706-754-7378
Whether your Northeast Georgia home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Northeast Georgia commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: http://www.SERVPROthemountains.com/
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO Donating Services
Toccoa Falls College recently had a need for cleaning services. SERVPRO was happy to help! Here is what the President of the College wrote in response to our donation of our professional cleaning services:
I wish to offer my sincere appreciation to you, SERVPRO of the Mountains, and your team in a generous donation of time and energy from the missionary housing project on the Toccoa Falls Campus. We appreciate the professional cleaning of the sofa, love seat and the cushions of one of the homes. They greatly enhanced the decor and "freshness" of the house. Thank you for your involvement in helping us improve these furnished homes for missionaries and international workers during their year of home assignment.
We wish to offer you our gratitude for your help and encouragement. Many of these projects we cannot complete without gifts and generosity of individuals and corporations within our surrounding area, and we are grateful to SERVPRO of the Mountains.
Thank you again for your help in making this endeavor a reality. May God bless you and SERVPRO.
Dr. Roberts Meyers
Toccoa Falls College
SERVPRO supported a local event for Firefighters by passing out doughnuts and coffee. the event was designed as a training secession for our local heroes in our fire departments. Here is what Shane Scoggins at The Hartwell Sun wrote about the event:
" The Lavonia Fire Department hosted a Firefighters's Weekend that provided training for 97 volunteer firefighters from Franklin, Hart, Stephens, Madison, Habersham and Banks counties.
Over the years, us going to Forsyth, it's hard for volunteers to get off. Lavonia fire chief Scott O'Barr said of a motivation for ht weekend.
It would be impossible for the number of volunteers attending Lavonia's event to all drive two hours to Forsyth for training, O'Barr said.
By offering classes in Lavonia, it allows Firefighters "to work with people they work with," he said which allows them to train as a group and team.
It also allowed firefighters from departments from neighboring counties to get to know each other.
Holding such classes was part of the motivation for the Lovonia department to build its training center behind the Lavoina Cultural Center.
The center, which allows live burns and training exercises, opened last year.
The volunteers attending the weekend had the opportunity to attend classes in basic structure fire control, auto extrication and low angle rope rescue. Department officers were also able to take volunteer officers' class.
The weekend included classroom work Saturday and hands-on training Sunday at the training center and the other locations.
Instructors from all over the state came to Lavonia to teach the classes. The instructors included members of Georgia Smokejumpers, an elite group that O'Barr said was the fire service's equivalent of Navy SEALs.
In addition to classes the weekend included a T-shirt for each student, meals Saturday and Sunday, doughnuts and coffee both mornings and refreshments.
All that was provided free of charge to the participants.
"They had to bring absolutely nothing but their gear" O'Barr said.
David Phillips said the Firefighters Association received a grant from the Hart EMC Foundation to cover mos of the $4,500 costs - including Lodging for some out-of-town instructors. Anyone wanting to make a donation to cover the remaining cost may do so at the Firefighters Association, which is a 5013 organization.
O'Barr said the weekend was also made possible by donations from Fireline Fire Equipment, SERVPRO, Subway of Lavonia and Concept Graphics and assistance from Georgia Emergency Management Agency and EMS.
Restoring Your Northeast Georgia Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Northeast Georgia commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of the Mountains
SERVPRO of the Mountains specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Northeast Georgia Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Northeast Georgia Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of the Mountains will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 706-754-7378
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Northeast Georgia Home
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of the Mountains is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of the Mountains
SERVPRO of the Mountains specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your Northeast Georgia Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Northeast Georgia, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 706-754-7378